- Have the courage to accept our responsibility and our pain as our starting point.
- Imagine, seek and honor the most compelling truth of “the other side.” Abandon demeaning speech and belittling thoughts.
- Forgive others for not being perfect, for not being fully “woke” on all fronts, recognizing that I am not either.
- Recognize partnership is meeting, is the step toward. The attempt is a creative act.
- Honor the beginning–return to why I reached out in the first place, even when reasons to walk away arise during sticky middles.
- Open myself to difficult conversations. Silence, as Audre Lorde said, won’t save us.
- Practice radical humility and care and elevate the sacred in each human being, just as fraught, vulnerable, loving and in need as I am.
- Forgive myself for failing, and try again.